Saturday, December 15, 2007

Pink Hair?

My girls have always loved make-up, nail polish, hair styles, generally anything that is girly, girl. My Chloe has such a passion for it all that she definitely wants to go to school after she graduates to do it professionally. All of my older kids when they got their first job worked at Papa Murphy's. Not Chloe, she found her way to a salon and is learning all the tricks of the trade. But then what do you do when she comes home with "pink" hair? Kim the girl she works for said she was going to call it "neapolitan barbie". (Under her hair in the back it is brown, the blond on top, with a splash of pink) She was so excited and then David and I saw it and were not that thrilled. We like more traditional hair color. Maybe that is showing our age or something. Anyway, she told David that we had better get used to some "fun" kinds of hair do's, this was going to be her profession. Then she told him "you better watch out one of these days you might wake up with pink streaks in your hair". It's growing on me, she is cute however she does her hair (and there are worse battles I could be fighting with her) - but David better sleep with one eye open!

4 comments:

Paige said...

I am not looking forward to the teenage years. But that said, I think it's cute. At least hair color can be changed. There are lots of worse professions she could have chosen. Like tatoo artist or something. ;) I like the Neopolitan Barbie name, too. She may just become a trendsetter.

Rochelle said...

I really like her hair! I think it's cute! It's neat that she is comfortable and confident enough to pull it off.
Now ask me again in a few years when Tresa wants to do this!

Aundrea said...

Your right, she is cute no matter what. But, secretly, I like it! She looks super cute! Like the others said though, I might not think it's so cute when my girls want to try it:)

Jodi said...

Oooooo....I like it! But she would look good no matter what she did to her hair. She is such a cute girl :)