Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Vintage suitcases hung on the wall....

Over the weekend my sweet husband and I worked on a project that I have been dreaming about for about a year now. I saw in Flea Market magazine last year a project that I fell in love with. So for the last little while I have been collecting suitcases. I did not want to pay very much for them because I was going to cut them in half. Cut them you say, yes cut them. I wanted to make shelves out of them. I wanted to fill a bigger space and also have room to hang some pictures. It is not finished but the rough idea of what I wanted is done. I am really happy with the look and it looks amazing in my upstairs family room.


Suitcases all cut and ready to go. It was a team effort to figure out how we wanted to hang them on the wall. It took a little thinking out, but in the end we merged our ideas and came up with a solution that ended up costing us nothing.
David was nervous cutting the suitcases but once we did one it was easy! I have to say I did have a little anxiety over it but had to keep telling myself this is the reason I bought them. It has been one of the funnest projects we have worked together on in a long time. I think it helped he got to watch all of the football game before we got started.... Just sayin....