Friday, January 11, 2013

Christmas Morning 2012




 
Christmas morning we started with breakfast. Everyone got to the house around 10:30 and then we ate. It is kind of fun having older kids that have the patience to wait to open presents. I think this is the first year we were able to do this. Anyway, after breakfast we went upstairs were Santa had left his mark with presents for everyone. Apparently everyone was good because there was no coal to be found. I think it was a little overwhelming for my Mom and Papa John. The room is big but not that big when you have the biggest tree found in the forest (it's funny how small they look when you're picking it out) and 11 children and 4 grandchildren and spouses and boyfriends and grandparents. Needless to say, we had a room full. It is tradition for us to go slow and enjoy each others gifts with them. I love that Christmas lasts for a long while. I overheard some of the children saying that Santa got it right this year - hum... maybe he was listening very carefully. After we were finished we opening gifts we spent time together as a family enjoying one other and playing with some of the thing Santa brought. I have to say I have heard from almost everyone and they say it was the best Christmas ever! I have to agree it was fun and such a blessing to have everyone home this year and together. I think that is the best gift of all!!!!!


No comments: