Saturday, January 19, 2013

January's Grandparent Date


So these pictures are a little out of order.....but here are some photos from our first "grandparent date" of 2013. For Christmas we decided to give the gift of time to the grand kids. Toshia has done the "12 dates if Christmas" with Andrew every year so we decided to follow her example and do "12 dates of Christmas" Grandma and Grandpa style. For January we wanted to take them to the snow. We did not tell them where we were going, just that we were going to go play in the snow. We ended up at Mt. Hood near government camp. It was a beautiful day! A lot warmer there in the snow than at home that was for sure. Here Adrian is trying to help Jonathan back up the embankment where they sled down from.


Adrian seemed to spend a lot of time either running into trees or falling into holes. He was having a lot of fun. It only took him a few times going down the hill before he figured out how to steer the toboggan better. 

Jonathan went down the hill a lot with Grandpa but soon spent most of his time making a fort for the snowball fight he was planning and eating snow. Every time I looked at him he was eating snow...I hope it was OK.....

Here's a cute group shot. Of course, I am not in it because I am taking the picture. I prefer that anyway...not very photogenic. Anyway, aren't they just the cutest little gang of grand kids ever?

I think Luke was having a blast sledding and digging in the snow. Our snowball fight did not turn into anything that big. The snow was not the best for making into snowballs. He did have the funniest line of the day when Grandpa tried to throw a snowball at him he said, "Yeah, well I'm the one who added the dodge to dodge ball." I don't think he ever got hit with one....he dodged all the snowballs!

Here they are in the car at the beginning of our trip. Aren't they just adorable! They were so excited. We were only on the road five minutes when Reagan said, "I'm hungry...." We heard that the whole way up. Silly girl.

I just had to throw this picture in. She sure has won her grandpa's heart that is for sure. I think he took her down the hill at least 20 times which meant he had to bring her back up the hill that many times.

I can hardly wait until next months date......

2 comments:

Darilyn said...

This is such a great idea. They will long remember this and they will always hold it close to their hearts.

Toshia said...

I have loved hearing all of the stories from the day! Thank you so much for doing this with my kids--they sure do love their grandparents and I know why:) P.S. you need to email me pictures asap!