Monday, October 10, 2011

October birthdays



"This month is such a special one it's birthday time again". Nearly half my children are born this month and one of my grandchildren. It always blows me away when I tell the ages of my children at this time of year because almost everyone is "one year older"! Chelsea will be 27 tomorrow - Chloe will be 20 on Thursday - Seth is turning 24 next week and Chad will be 18 the day after Seth - Jonathan will be turning 3 just before Halloween - but the one that is really getting to me is Ashleigh - she is going to turn 30 this year! It did not bother me really until I realized how old that really made me! I have always felt pretty young around all these kids - but reality is that you can not be that young and have a 30 year old.

The good news to go along with her birthday is that she got engaged last weekend! We are very happy for her - she has not set a date yet but I hope it is sooner than later. We are all so excited. We kind of new that Nick was going to ask her - he had the "talk" with David last Friday. So we were all trying hard to keep that secret. So good thing he couldn't wait any longer and asked her the next day instead of waiting for her birthday. She seems so happy and he is a very nice young man. Autumn had something to say about all this - "Finally, my oldest sister is getting married!" She really emphasized the word finally.

A big happy birthday to all my children and grandson - I hope you have an awesome day on "your" day and all your "wishes" come true!


No comments: