Friday, October 14, 2011

This weeks little craft project




These are not the best pictures but I think you can tell what I did. I have lots of music - I am talking more music than ever gets played. But being a piano teacher I have to have access to it for my students. I have half of it stored in a dresser and that keeps it out of sight. This music was always just piled on the shelf and kind of cluttered looking. I have been trying to clean up the little piles of clutter around the house. I saw magazine holders like these done on a blog. The difference is the way I put the tags on. They used metal tag holder thingys that you can get at a scrapbook store. I didn't have enough and wanted this project to be cheap. So I thought about it for a while and came up with putting music paper on a clothes pin and then a burlap and lace flower on that. I used my typewriter to type up the tags and there you go. It looks so nice on the shelf and cost about $6.00 for ten of them.


Basically I got magazine holders from IKEA (5 for $1.99) and covered them in burlap. I used spray glue. I have not used this product before but Toshia uses it all the time and it worked pretty good - just a little messy on my hands. Next time I would wear gloves. Then made the clothes pin clips and hot glued them on the spine. Super easy!

Now I am working on the cutest apron for Halloween. We dress up for bunco night and I don't usually dress up but this witches apron was to cute to pass up. Maybe I'll get a picture.....


No comments: