Thursday, September 15, 2011

Girls camp crafts 2011

I promised a while back to post the crafts from girls camp. I have been so busy with other things that I finally have time this morning to get it done. The only picture I don't have is of our "BELIEVE" banner. They turned out cute but I was so busy helping the girls that before I knew it they were done and my camera was still in my box. A lot of girls loved their banners and had fun using their own imaginations with the creating of it. They had the basic kit -lunch paper sacks cut for the background, a 4x6 scrapbook paper for each letter and the letters all cut already (I love my cricket!) Then they just went to town embellishing each letter with buttons, flowers, ribbon, stickers, brads, etc. Then we stapled a ribbon across the top of the letters for them to hang it up.


These are the tiles we did using words from the 13th article of faith. These girls must be really loved by me because there were 104 of those vinyl sheets for me to "weed" (pull off all the negative-just leaving the words they rubbed on the tile) Then we used binder clips to hang the tile with a ribbon.

You can't see very well but here are all of our bottle cap necklaces as they were drying. The next day I glued the bales on then they were ready to hand out. The girls were so cute with the glitter. It was fun to see some of them just go to town with the glitter and make it very girly and sparkly. We used animals for the picture to go along with our safari theme.

Here the girls are braiding their fabric for the headbands we made. Those turned out cute and it was fun to watch the girls teach each other how to braid. I was a little amazed at how many girls did not know how to braid. It was good for the girls to help each other and work together.

We made these journals the first day. Each year had their animal for the covers and I thought they turned out really cute. I have to always be careful though with what I think is easy. I thought this craft was super simple and that everyone would be finished really fast. I forgot that working with 85 girls at the same time there will be those that do not listen as closely as they should.

All in all it was great experience and I had an amazing time with the girls and loved watching the creativity that each one of them had.

I know this picture is not that flattering of me but the other ladies are adorable! It was fun working with the women in our stake - they are awesome and they have such sweet spirits. I hope I get to be involved again with girls camp - I always learn so much while I am serving the youth!

2 comments:

Alyna said...

I feel very loved by you. Thanks for everything, you made Girl's Camp wonderful!

Toshia said...

hey, i helped with the weeding;) Love ya!