Sunday, September 25, 2011

Forget Me Not

I was really touched last evening by Pres. Uchtdorf's talk at our General Women's Broadcast. I saw something similar to this on another blog and just had to make my own. I am going to print it up and hang it where I can see it everyday. I am sure that there will be lots of things come from his talk.



I am truly grateful for the words from our apostles and leaders. They lift and inspire and motivate me to want to "rise" a little higher. This year in seminary we are going to talk about having the "Courage To Rise" {CTR} and after last nights meeting I know I can do it!


I was especially touched by comments made by Sister Thompson. The question that she posed to us - When people sift through our possessions after we die - will we be seen as a covenant person? She taught us to "cleave" unto our covenants that we have made with our Heavenly Father and that there is joy and protection that come to us when we keep our covenants. I like that she said "our covenants sustain us in good times and bad times. Joy is tied very closely to our covenant keeping - even when we face tremendous challenges our covenants can fill us with joy. I know that to be true! I have felt the joy that comes when I "cleave" to my covenants.


I can hardly wait until next weekend when we get to be taught more from our prophet and apostles and the other leaders!


No comments: