Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A creative weekend




What do you get when you put a small white vase and a cool looking pink plate together?



You get a cool looking cake plate!



This last Friday I hit some thrift stores and for about $5 I got some really cool things to do some projects with.


I found these hurricane lamp parts for 25 cents each. I make these cute pumpkin candles with them. I also purchased a couple more vases and plates to do other projects with. I have been wanting to make some things for a long time and finally decided this weekend would be my "get some projects done" weekend. I did just that and finished some letters for banners I have been working on. Finished my fall sign -

I am making a sign for all the seasons to hang by my front door. I started with my patriotic one and have my Christmas one done. I have a snowman one to do for January and I think I will do one of hearts for February and then a spring one and maybe a summer one. I have finished all my pay it forward projects and just have to finish delivering those. I am so excited to be creating! Fall does that to me - I just like to stay home and be by the warm fire and make things. I guess it helps that around here the rains come and it gets too cold to be outside so staying inside is bearable when I can make things!

2 comments:

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

I love your sign. I noticed the patriotic one when we would be there. I wish I had your creativity! I am so jealous!

Lorna said...

Wow, those projects are very creative...you and Toshia should go in on a craft business together, seriously.