Monday, September 14, 2009

A new school year begins!


OK, so this was not the official first day of school. And this picture is not even the morning of this day of school but after school. And this is not even all the children who started or are in school this year. I know I am way behind in blogging this but really I do have good reason. That to be shared at a later date. But just look at these cute little girls. My youngest three to go to school and this year all the children are in school - a first in 28 years!!! Wow! It really did not hit me until this morning that I have now entered a new phase in my life. I have been anticipating this for a while now and thought I had my feelings all in check with it. With the goings on of last week I guess I am just really emotional and I did feel a little sad this morning when Miss Autumn told me I did not need to show her where to go or what to do and that tomorrow she would be riding the bus with all the other kids. Good thing I had a run to go on with Lynn and did not give myself much time to dwell on it - a six mile run will do that to you - not give you much time to think but just how to finish the run:) Everyone is doing great. They love their teachers and it looks like it going to be a very productive year. I am loving the weather right now and as fall approaches I am glad I am only in the summer of my life. Summer is a time when their is so much energy and fun! That is what I am going to have in this season of my life - energy and fun!! With that said tomorrow will come awfully early as my day starts at around 4:30 in the morning, but with that new day will be all the new adventures and exciting firsts for everyone as they each are enjoying their own firsts of being a senior, a sophomore, an eighth grader, a fifth grader, a third grader, and a kindergartner! Happy school year everyone.

2 comments:

Tiffini said...

28 years?--you are amazing. I am sure you will find many wonderful, enriching things to fill your day.

Jodi said...

You really are amazing! 28 years! Enjoy your trips to the gym...childfree ;)