Saturday, September 26, 2009

General Women's Broadcast

Tonight we got to participate in our stake enrichment night. It was so nice. We had dinner and listened to four women talk about being a positive role model or about the positive role models in their lives. Being in the company of the sisters always makes me feel wonderful. I learn something every time I go. Afterwards, we got to listen to the women's general broadcast from Salt Lake. Every year the week before conference we get to hear from the General Relief Society President and her counselors. Pres. Eyring also spoke tonight. We learned about our heritage as Relief Society sisters. What they left us and also what we are to do with that. We were reminded about the theme of Relief Society "Charity Never Faileth". Each talk had something that touched my heart. I just love that I belong to the largest, oldest women's organization in the world. I love knowing that every Sunday there are women all over the world learning and worshipping along with me. I love knowing that during the week we are all participating in Relief Society activities. We are doing are visiting teaching, doing compassionate service, and fellowshipping with each other. I realize now more than ever that I am important to this group of women and I not only need to take from it what can help me grow and become a better woman but I am to give to it by my service and love. I can be me without this organization but I am a way better woman because of it. I love that part of my life! I don't know what I would do without the companionship of my wonderful sisters! After the meeting I went to have hot chocolate with a couple of these wonderful women and just chat about things for "thirty" minutes. (We set a time so our families would not miss us too much;)) It was wonderful! My "bucket" was filled tonight!

2 comments:

Tiffini said...

It was a great meeting!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.