Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Weekend update

Waking up Saturday morning I knew it was going to be a very busy day. I had lots planned and I could not stay in bed very long after I woke. So off on a five mile run I went to clear my head and get ready for a very special weekend. It proved to be special indeed!
For the first time we decided to venture the Easter egg hunt at the fair grounds. Toshia and the boys and David and I took the little kids. I was a little late because of a meeting I had so before I got there they got to pet animals and do lots of fun things. I was really impressed with how organized it was. There were lots and lots of kids and thousands of eggs to find. They had it broken down into age groups so it was really manageable. The kids had lots of fun and we decided this was much easier than trying to do our own like in the past. This will become a new Easter tradition for us! After that I took the girls shopping for their Easter shoes and then to a movie. The Hannah Montana movie had just opened and they really wanted to see it. It was very well done. I really liked it. Then we went grocery shopping. That in it self is a big thing for me to take kids with me buying groceries, but I have to say they were lots of help. And if that was not enough to fill our day when we got home we boiled our eggs and Adrian came over and we colored eggs.

Adrian had missed out on this the last time we did it at the beach. Luke was there but he was not. He really had a lot of fun with the girls and it was so much fun to have the kids be able to do a lot of this on their own and not have to worry about baby or toddlers. This is a first for me. Of course, next year Jonathan will be in the mix and he will undoubtedly make things very creative:) Speaking of which that little grandson of ours has really grown. I watched him yesterday and boy is he a talker! He really has discovered his voice and it is adorable.

Here he is with Chloe. What a cutie! I love my "grandma" time with him. He reminds me so much of Noah. Anyway, back to the weekend. Toshia had dinner for us on Easter and it was so wonderful to see and be with all the kids. She did a great job and I think it is so sweet to watch her as she comes into her own as a wife and mother. At church we had a wonderful program and I really felt the spirit of what the Easter holiday really is about. While all the eggs and candy and spring things are wonderful, the real reason for it all is that our Savior died and was resurrected. He atoned for us and gave us the gift to be able to return back to live with our Heavenly Father. As I learn to apply the atonement more in my life I am so thankful for this sacrifice he made. It is only through the atonement that we can really be whole! I am glad for the wonderful weekend of spending time with my family and to share in this celebration that is for all!

3 comments:

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

Jodi said...

I'm glad you had a nice weekend! Coloring eggs is one of my favorite traditions :)

Tiffini said...

I love that easter egg hunt at the fairgrounds. Sounds like a lovely Easter weekend. And that grandson of yours--what a cutie.