Saturday, April 25, 2009

Catching up

Lots going on around here. I have not been blogging or even looking at blogs all week. How can that be - I miss this. So catching up briefly -

Chloe is working and having fun her junior year. She says this is the last year to just be a kid and get not have to worry about being a "grown-up". She has great friends and they all seem to keep each other busy. School wise she is doing good. Her grades were good except how do you get a C in PE? Later she found out she had missed some classes because of dentist appointments and being ill and she says you have to run so many laps to do make up work. She thinks a C is just fine and running is not:) Everyone needs a sweet teenager like Chloe!

Chad is doing track and doing very well. He runs varsity 110 and 300 hurdles. He keeps improving his time and comes in second and third most races. He also runs a couple of relays sometimes and does well on those. He is going to run the half marathon I am doing with me and that will be fun. Also, got straight A's (including three A+'s).

Noah is playing baseball and loving it! He gets to play second or shortstop and his hitting is improving. He has walked a lot so that looks good on his stat sheet. His report card really was good considering he has some ground to make up from the progress report card. He has decided it much easier to get the work done before it is due than to have to make it all up in three days (all missing assignments I made him do and turn in even if he did not get credit for them) He has told me lesson learned and it won't happen again. We shall see.

Taylor is playing softball. Their games have not started yet but she is loving it. She was looked at by her coach during tryouts and he wanted David to coach with him so he could get her for sure on his team. David couldn't help but he managed to get her anyway. She did really good as always on her report card.

Hayden gets to play with Taylor on the same team and she has really improved over last year. When I made a comment to her she replied "It helps when you have a coach who teaches you instead of just thinking you already know what to do!" I guess she is right. She loves it and looks so cute being the smallest out there on the field. She did really good on her report card and took a very big spelling test and out of 100 words only missed 8!

Autumn is playing tee-ball this year and is so excited to finally be playing. She told me that she has waited her whole life to play softball! At first she kept telling her coaches that her dad was her coach and if they needed to know anything they could ask him. It was cute to watch as they kept moving her around to hit and she kept going back to where her dad had taught her stand. She thinks being pitcher is the best and thinks she is pretty good at it. You don't really pitch in tee-ball but if it makes her happy we won't tell her. School for her is just so fun. I love that I get to spend this time with her as we home-school. Next year will be an adjustment for her when she discovers the teacher has more than just her to pay attention to. Later I will post her first "book" she made.

The other kids are doing well working and going to school (Ashleigh has finals coming up). Chelsea is training for a marathon and so will run the half with me as well. Seth is working and just plain being an awesome son! Paige is looking for work and trying to figure school out. And of course, Toshia is busy being a great mom and finding joy in her journey. I love these kids and all they do - it is hard for me to believe sometimes that there are eleven of them - I just sit back and I am in awe of it all!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love Autumns comment to her coach! Shows just how much she admires her dad! Sounds like you guys are having a busy spring..

Darilyn said...

Thanks for the update on all your kids. How are you doing? Will I see you on Friday?

Jodi said...

I love that Autumn has 'waited her whole life' to play ball! SO sweet. My Dad taught me to play softball, too and I have some great memories when he actually coached my team :)

Lynn Boyle said...

hey.. i cannot believe how behind i am on the blogging...hoping this is the week i play catch up but who knows