Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break

I love this time of year when the world around me is starting to wake up from its winter nap. I know it is our rainy season but I tend to look at that as what wakes everything up. Today is beautiful outside. It was beautiful at the beach this morning. After spending 7 days there and four of them stormy and rainy it was wonderful to wake up to the sun. I went for a three mile run on the beach and wow was that refreshing as I took in the salt air. I did run two other times but it was cold and very windy and I did not enjoy it as much as this morning. What a way to start a day. As the children slept and I got ready for the day and packed up to come home I was just thinking about how many blessings I have in my life and how I don't always look around at what is right in front of me. After my run I walked a little ways looking for "glass balls" on the beach. I was not successful but as I was searching I saw so many things that I would have walked right by. The beach front changes constantly depending on what time of year it is. This time of year it is generally sandy and not a lot of rocky areas but the tide was out this morning uncovering some rocky areas full of life. I did not find a lot of shells or agates but saw other kinds of rocks and listened to the birds as they flew by looking for their breakfast. This world is amazing, there is life everywhere and things are constantly changing and growing all around me. I am so glad that Heavenly Father created this kind of a place for us to be tested in. My trials and hardships can be endured much easier as I look at the beautiful world around me.

Side note: Autumn did find one of the mystery "glass balls" that are put out this time of year for people to find. She says you just have to use your brain and you can find them. We have often looked for these things ever since they started doing it lots of years ago. We are the first in our family to find one - and wouldn't you know it - the one not even looking found it.

Side note #2: Hayden and I had a little flu bug for a couple of days. But even that did not put a damper on things. We got to cuddle together and hang out because no one wanted to get sick so everyone stayed out of our hair for 24 hours! Hayden really is a clever little girl even when she is very sick. She was a little sicker than me - so when she did sleep I "beaded" away and created some beautiful bracelets and I am working on a really cool necklace.

I am glad that the schools let us have a week to celebrate the coming of spring. As important as school is time spent outside and experiencing our world sometimes teaches us a much greater lesson!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great outlook on Spring Break! I have to admit my attitude hasn't been as great about it all. Being stuck at home doing daycare and having two rambunctious little boys clawing at the walls to get out and do something has made it a little tricky! But we have survived :)