Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mission Organization

"THREE RULES OF WORK:

Out of clutter find simplicity,

From discord find harmony,

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

-Albert Einstein

For the last couple of weeks I have been working on my office. I totally emptied out everything as if starting from scratch. I moved bookcases upstairs and moved my desk to a wall instead of the middle of the room. I reorganized shelves, drawers, bookcases, paper, and all my crafting supplies. This was a big task for me. I tend to be a pack rat and also when I use something I don't always put it back where it belongs and then can't find it again. I do have to confess there is still a small pile of things (very small compared to what was there) left to find a home for but that soon will be done. I now feel like I can work in here and create again! During the holiday season when I was making things like crazy I just kept it messy so kids would not really notice the projects. When my mom and John came for Thanksgiving I said to keep out of this space because I knew was such a mess. I also knew that one of my goals for the new year was to create a better working space. That is why the quote I have from Mr. Einstein is going on my wall above my desk! When I am troubled with things I take my mind off of it by creating. What better way than to simplify my work space by controlling the clutter of it all. The best thing is David now feels like he has his space as well in here. A corner dedicated to Mr. Weitzel and his collections of "stuff"!


So even though there seems to be a lot of "stuff" it is now organized and easily accessible! Love it! Now on to the fun part - creating!

















4 comments:

Aundrea said...

Congrats on the new space! I know you've been hard at work:) I'm sure Dave loves his little corner of the office!

Rochelle said...

I love that quote, I should put it in each of my kids rooms.

Enjoy creating!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like my kinda "office"! More like a place where I would like to close the door and lock myself in for hours at a time :) Great job getting organized, that always feels SO good!

Jodi said...

I have to say...I *LOVE* that space of yours with all the fun goodies to play with! I would enjoy it messy or organized :)