Monday, March 2, 2009

I took the day off

Yesterday I stayed home from church due to a sick child. A few of the kids have had that really bad flu that has been going around. I got everyone else ready and out the door. Then I settled in to watch some BYU television. Taylor did not need me to much and before I knew it everyone was home from church. When David came in the room he said, "Why are you still in your pajamas?" To which I replied, "I am taking the day off". He told me I could not do that because who was going to cook dinner? I just said there is plenty of food in the kitchen I am sure that no one will starve. I just kept working on my puzzle book and watching a BYU devotional. Soon after Toshia came over with her little family and she came upstairs to see where I was. She looked at me funny and said, "Dad says you are taking the day off, I am OK with that but does that mean need to cook for everyone. I brought some broccoli salad so I can add chicken." I told her thanks and that would be very great of her. But I was not coming out of my room. I just needed to have some time out. I think everyone thought that was so weird. I don't remember ever not getting dressed for the day. David kept asking Toshia if I was sick or what was up - I think he was worried something was seriously wrong and I was mad at him or something. Not the case at all - I just needed a mental day off from all the worries and cares of my sweet family. Lots going on with Paige at the moment and I was drained! The saddest part was that when all was said and done Toshia had put soy nuts in the salad. I am very allergic to those and so she said she was sorry but guessed I wasn't going to eat. That was OK I had a back up plan. I got Chad to make me a "just right" meal from safeway. And I successfully did not leave my room from the time they all came home until early this morning. I ran this morning and went into town, nursed Taylor, listened to Paige, cleaned my shower and bathroom, did laundry, worked in my office (still organizing, almost done!) managed some reading and snuggle time with Autumn and now I am off to a little league meeting and fixing dinner and doing FHE. I am 100% on duty today but yesterday.......I needed some time off!

5 comments:

Tiffiny said...

I am going to try that! I think Paul, and probably the kids, would bash my door down within the first half-hour though.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I dream of doing that, but I don't know if I could, I might go stir crazy. I can imagine my little family crashing my party and hanging out in my room all day with me. That might be fun though.
I am glad you were able to take the day off.

Michelle said...

Good for you! When you have the hardest and most important job on earth, you're eventually going to need a day off!

Aundrea said...

Good for you! With all the sick people in your house and all the nursing you've done lately, you deserve it!

Nicole said...

You deserved that!! Sometimes that's all it takes is one good day off.