Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ten Virgins

OK, so I have to just do a quick writing here as I am getting ready to leave for California. Tonight for Enrichment we did a musical presentation of the parable of "The Ten Virgins". It was amazing! I was able to work with so many talented, loving and great women. The rest of the commitee worked on the dinner. It all turned out so wonderful. But I have to say for me my experience came last Sunday night at the rehearsal. We had not all worked together yet as everyone had been working indivually with me up until Sunday evening. It was a neat experience for me to practice with everyone but when it all came together it was just more than I could have imagined. This parable is very special to me and has deeep meaning on a lot of levels. So when Toshia told me about this musical presentation I was more than excited about it and could hardly wait to do it for Relief Society. I thought for several months on who should sing. I had names come very clearly in my mind and wondered if they would do it. I know that those who did perform tonight it was meant to be those people. Sunday night I was so touched by how everyone had worked so hard to have it be the best! When everyone came on for the last song I just was so overwelmed by the spirit and the music once again sang to my soul and testified to me that I needed to be prepared and watch for the bridegroom. I do not want to be caught without my "oil". I want to know Him when he comes! Thanks to all of the women who helped out tonight. As I looked around there were so many who just jumped in and helped to serve and clean up and just do what we as sisters know to do to - that is to help out where ever it is needed. Now on to my trip and I will blog about that when I get home.

10 comments:

sheila said...

It was fantastic, but we voted after two hours of dishes that Chinet will work wonderfully next time!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Candy it was beautiful, wonderful, amazing etc. But I too had a very sweet experience last Sunday at dress rehersal. Thank you for letting us be apart of it. I am with Sheila, go Chinette.

Aundrea said...

I learned the chinette lesson while I was on AC:)

The program was beautiful! There were a few that it seems spoke just to me, but I'm sure that's how every woman there felt! I don't know how you were able to read the music you were playing. I would have had to blink away the tears:)

Anonymous said...

I was SO touched by the performances, and like Aundrea said, felt like there were some messages in there for me. Thank you so much for putting on such a beautiful event, and sharing something so amazing with us all. Enjoy your trip :)

Rochelle said...

Words can't really say enough. I was touched as was almost every other woman I saw last night. Thank you.

Jodi said...

What a beautiful night! Everything from the amazing performance to the beautiful tables and delicious food...it couldn't have been more perfect.
And the spirit was so strong. You were truly inspired to put this together as so many of us were touched and have a strong desire to stand a little taller and be a little better. I will be thinking about this night for years to come. Thank you :)

Toshia said...

Thank you for letting me be a part of this experience, after all it was my idea ;) I love you!

Lorna said...

Yes, thank you. I would have liked to have felt the impact of the performance from the audiences point of view, too. I just had to hold out on feeling much at all until it was all over so I didn't really choke up while I was singing, ya know. But what a special experience it was, and how impressed I was with the other sisters who worked hard to prepare for it, and who, like myself, were terrified by the prospect of singing in front of everyone, and yet we braved it out.

Marie said...

The program turned out very nice. I'm glad I got to enjoy it from the audience!

Nicole said...

It was wonderful! Great job.