Saturday, March 22, 2008

Glimpses Into Heaven

I had such a great time in California. It was so fun to visit with my sisters (This is my sister Melissa) and the rest of my family. The temple experience was wonderful and so special as we all were there together. It was nice to see my brothers for just a little while as we all gathered to eat at Don's house after the temple. I really did not realize how close he lives to the House of the Lord. It is almost in his backyard. Lucky! The girls did just great and loved playing with their cousins and Grandma and Papa John. The weather was not as warm as I had hoped so we did not get to go swimming which the girls asked about everyday. But we did get to visit, share, laugh, eat, and love. It was just what I needed to fill my lamp for the next few months. I so loved the extra time that I got to spend with Melissa. We really planned for some time together this time and it made all the difference. She has such a neat family and "they try so hard". My girls loved playing in Elizabeth's palyhouse and it now seems that it is on the top of their priority list for their dad to build one in our backyard. Melissa and I got to create and share ideas and just hang out. On Monday we got to go to Kelly's it really was so fantastic! Kelly's family is just as awesome and to see her kids and their kids just made me smile for a long time. We had FHE at her house and again we shared, laughed, ate, and loved. As I sat at Kelly's I could imagine our homes in heaven. Full of love and laughter. I know sometimes mom's are so stressed out and have a hard time with children who don't do what you know they should, but I have to say it will all be worth it in the end. I know, I saw a glimpse of it this last week in four different homes in California. And then again in my own home as we were greeted and loved and missed by my own children and husband. Home really can be a bit of heaven on earth!!!

5 comments:

Aundrea said...

I'm glad you had a fun time! I can't believe how much you and your sister look alike:)

Elder Caleb Habel said...

You are absolutely right. Heaven is right before our eyes. I too had that epiphany this weekend. Our families are our very best and dearest friends, the ones we will spend eternity with. You and your sister look so much alike. I had to do a double take. Glad you had fun and that you are home safe.

Rochelle said...

I totally had to double take, it took me a second to figure out which one you were. I thought you dyed your hair blonde and cut it. Im glad you had such a wonderful week!

Tiffini said...

Sounds like fun. I am glad you had a good time. Too bad about the swimming for the girls but at least they had a playhouse to have fun in.

Toshia said...

I am so jealous you got to go! I would loved to have been able to go to California rather than be working. Glad to have you home!