Sunday, March 9, 2008

My week in review

This week has been full of surprises. Monday morning after I came home from the gym there was a knock at my door and there was a friend from Portland with a friend who was here from Utah. It was such a nice surprise to start out my week. It was fun talking and catching up. Tuesday I found myself back into the usual routine as everyone was finally healthy and all back at school. So Autumn and I did our Tuesday stuff: school, library, lunch at McDonalds. It was a very nice day but we missed some of the usual friends we see at the library and lunch.. Wednesday I woke to find that we had a very low tire in the Suburban and so I was off to Les Schwab to get it fixed. That took a little longer than I had planned so I did not make it to the gym but that was OK because two other long time friends came by and we had lunch and worked on some paper flowers that were for an upcoming wedding. Thursday I found myself in my RS meeting and then on to play group. Autumn was starving so we went to BurgerVille and ran into some of Chloe's friends from school. That was fun. Friday I had made some appointments with ladies to work on their songs for the Enrichment next week so did not make it the gym but that was OK because I had walked early every morning this week. Saturday we picked up some free furniture for our TV room and so we spent the day cleaning and fixing up the TV room until it was time to go to Conference. Saturday session of Conference was wonderful as always and after went to dinner and shopping at Winco. Again ran into friends from our old ward and had a nice conversation and got caught up with our families. Inbetween everything there was all the taxi driving of the kids, more practices for Enrichment, packing for our trip, piano lessons, baseball practices, laundry, dishes, cooking, and American Idol. I have to say it was a very good week. Next week I am off to California with my three sweet little girls and we are so excited to fly in the airplane and get pampered by Grandma Ardee and Papa John!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

There's always time for American Idol :) Catching up with old friends is definitely a highlight.

Toshia said...

Busy week! I notice that it was "OK" to miss all those trips to the gym: justifier! ;)

Tiffini said...

Sounds like a fun week. I love visiting with friends:) I hope you have a fun trip to California!

Jodi said...

Sounds like a good week! Hope your trip to Cali is relaxing and fun...you deserve every minute of it!

Lorna said...

It's so refreshing to run into old friends isn't it. Hope you four have a blast in California. There's nothing like visiting family.