Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend




Thanksgiving day we spent at David's parent's home at the beach. The food was delicious as always and it was great fun to see everyone. It was nice to meet Ashleigh's boyfriend's mom. She was visiting from Wyoming so it was nice to get to know her a little better. Paul is such a nice young man and was excited to share his mom with all of us! Thank you Paul. I left Thursday early evening and David and the kids stayed the night. They had fun one more day at the beach and I flew out of Portland for Orange County early, early Friday morning. I went to visit my mom and family. My step dad had the opportunity to go through the temple for the first time Saturday. Papa John is a favorite at our house and to see him in the temple was so special. My favorite part was being there with so many of my family members. My sisters, mom, nephews and their wives. I think that is the most family I've been with at the temple ever. The Newport Beach Temple is quite different that the Portland Temple. It is very small. But its beauty made up for the small size. I was so glad to get to watch Papa John as he did this most important thing for himself. It will be nice to have him get to go through now as children get married and boys leave on their missions. Thank you Papa John for your great example in our lives of patience and endurance. I spent some time with Kelly and Melissa, my sisters and that was wonderful. I love Oregon and my home but I do miss the time with my sisters. When David got home he put up the Christmas lights. I guess it snowed here a little while he was doing so. He had sent everyone to bed and when Autumn woke up the next morning she said "Daddy, it was Christmas night and you ruined it, it snowed out and you made us fell asleep". I can hardly wait to hear what she says when she finds out Santa is going to eat all the cookies and milk we leave out for him! All in all it was a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

Aundrea said...

I'm glad you had fun on your well deserved weekend away! I'm glad you're back too, so we can catch up with eachother:)

Toshia said...

I am so glad that you had a good experience in Utah, I cannot wait to hear all the details of your vacation, and I guess I should drive by the house to see the lights!

Michelle said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm glad you had a good trip, and love the pictures of your cute family.

Rochelle said...

I would love to experience a family get together at your house. I can just imagine all of the excitment!

Jodi said...

The Weitzel family gatherings must be a hoot! Glad you had a good weekend!