Sunday, January 23, 2011

Zoo trip

Thursday I got to go with Toshia and the little ones to the zoo. Jonathan had earned this trip by having lots of dry nights. I don't know how many but he had a cute little chart and got to put toy story stickers on it and was so excited to go see all the animals. Thank goodness it did not rain but it was cold and I always forget that it is a little colder there - I don't know why but it is always colder there than I think it will be. There was hardly anyone there and that made it really nice as well.


Miss Reagan at the zoo. It was cold out but she did very well being all bundled up in her stroller.


Jonathan and Toshia looking at the elephants. I watched something here that I had never seen before. The elephant inside was dumping carrots out of a barrel above his head. Then when he got a few on the ground picked them up with his trunk and ate them - but what was amazing was the ones that were out of reach - he blew his trunk like leaf blower to get the carrots closer to him. Wow - I think that is the coolest thing I had ever seen at the zoo before. I think I sat there watched him for at least 10 minutes. Toshia took Jonathan outside to other side to find the baby elephant.


Here Jonathan is so excited because the polar bears are so close to us. The really funny thing is when you ask him what was his favorite thing he says "the fishes". Yes we saw fish but I think he says it because is was the last thing we saw on the way out. He really laughed at the monkeys and wanted nothing to do with looking at the birds.
This was so fun to get to go with the grandkids on this little outing - where are we going next Jonathan?

1 comment:

Darilyn said...

It sounds like when I have grandkids that the zoo will take on new meaning for me. It would be fun to go with them someday. for now, I avoid the zoo. My youngest feels very deprived.