Sunday, January 30, 2011

Missing spoons

Do you have the same problem I have? Does your silverware just magically disappear? In my quest to organize this month I cleaned out a couple of drawers in my kitchen. My silverware drawers (I have two) and my utensils drawer. Just empty and wipe out - easy - but what I discovered is that I am missing once again lots of spoons and a couple of forks! When we moved here a little over five years ago I bought new silverware and got rid of all the mismatched spoons, forks and knives I had accumulated over all my married years up until that time. I have one drawer of antique silverware that my mom gave me and I use - it is very eclectic but still matching (I just feel so special when I eat off one these utensils) but they are not for every day use. The other funny thing that I found was I have three spoons that don't even belong to me! Is anyone missing their spoons? I just might have them. I got to thinking about it and I am missing a cookie sheet, a bowl and all of my square Rubbermaid containers (I still have the lids - how does that work out?), and my soup ladle (a nice pampered chef one). There is probably other things missing but I just don't remember what all I have until I go to use it. My kids swear they have not used any of it! But how does this happen - is there a midnight thief around here? I told my kids when they grow up and have their own homes I am going to sneak into their houses and "borrow" their stuff. They all just looked at me like I was crazy and gave me another "is mom talking to us?" look. It never ceases to amaze me that my stuff can just get up and walk right out the door I mean what else could possibly be the reason for the disappearance of my kitchen tools - I mean if the kids say the didn't do it than they didn't right? ;)

3 comments:

Darilyn said...

I know how my spoons disappear. It's by people grabbing them to put in a lunch or to eat something in the car and then they don't make it back home. I go to Ikea about once every 18 mos and just get a box of spoons. Who cares if they don't match the rest of the silverware. They are just going to disappear again and again.

Tiffiny said...

Check deep into your couch. That's the first place I go when I am missing silverwear and it is usually good for a couple spoons and forks.

Anonymous said...

you must have spoon fairies that come in and take them...who else could it be