Saturday, August 29, 2009

California trip

We got back from California late Tuesday night. Wednesday I had to be in town most of the day. Thursday and Friday was spent regrouping and unpacking and settling back into our routine. The boys had a campout Friday night and David went to the coast to spend time with his family and golfing in a tournament with all his brothers and dad. Finally, I have a few minutes to write about our trip.

We had tons of fun. It was so great to see all the family. My brothers and sisters and some of their families were all together on Sunday (my birthday). The only exception was my sister who lives back east.My moms house is not really big so with all the people there is was a bit crowded. But they have the most beautiful back yard and the weather was nice so it did not feel that crowded. I think everyone had fun that day and the little children were so adorable. My great nieces and nephews are awesome little people.

But I am starting with the happenings that were at the end of our trip- so let me back up to the beginning....

We drove down in one day. It was a long day and it seemed as if someone had to use the "biffy" every few minutes. I think it felt long for me because I was anxious to get there. Tuesday I got up early and ran 4 miles. We had no real plans for that day, just swimming and playing at the park. I made Hawaiian Haystacks - a first for mom and John - and they loved it! Wednesday we visited Grandpa Marsh at his property.
It was an interesting drive. The road was very curvy and we were high in the mountains.
Melissa went with us and it was great fun! The boys went surfing several times with Uncle Randy and his boys. They were naturals! Both got up and rode waves their first time out. Each night someone spent the night at Aunt Missy's. Thursday we went to the Aquarium. It was one of the best ones I have been to. We had such a great time and saw many, many interesting things.


Friday after the boys got back from surfing, Grandma taught Noah how to make spaghetti and meatballs from scratch. He did a terrific job as everyone really loved the sauce.

I guess I know who will be cooking spaghetti from now on at my house:) Saturday we spent getting ready for the party on Sunday. Sunday many of the family came to my mom's ward for church. Melissa sang in sacrament and I played for her. It was beautiful. Monday we packed the car. My mom sent home some things with me that she has wanted to send me for a long time. So we had to carefully pack the car so the kids still fit in;) Tuesday we got up early and were on our way home. The time sure went by fast. It seemed like it took forever for August to get here so we could go. I am so glad we got to go and spend time with cousins that the kids don't get to usually see. I love my family and I am so lucky to part of such a legacy.

No comments: