Saturday, August 15, 2009

Family Reunion

Last weekend we had our family reunion. Every summer we meet up the second weekend in August and all come together to play and have a good time. This year we went to Sunriver. The weather was awesome! I could not believe it - we did all the things we wanted to do and I think the kids had a great time. It was fun to have all the grand kids there this year. They got to do some really fun stuff. David rented a uhaul trailer and hauled everyones bikes down. The house had a couple of extra bikes there - so I could ride with everyone. Chad and I went on several very long bike rides and I also ran a few times with Chelsea. There are such wonderful bike paths all throughout the area. When we were not out doing something we were in the hot tub or playing scrabble (Noah is very good at getting 50 points with only a few letters - he beat me twice!), or eating. I think we watched a few movies - I read instead of watching TV and got my book finished. It was such a relaxing week!

We rafted down the river two different times. These pictures are from our first trip. David went both times with the kids and said that the first time was the best. It took about 2 1/2 hours to "drift" down river. The second time they put in at the top and got out half way down. That time only the little girls and Noah went. I guess that Hayden got out of the canoe for a while and swam in the river along side the canoe. She said the water wasn't that cold and of course she did not wear her bathing suit that time. I really enjoyed it - the scenery was so beautiful!
One of the days we went hiking and went to where the falls were. It was an easy hike and the kids were glad that we did not ride bikes from the house to the falls because that would have been a very long bike ride.
We had very fun time swimming. There were two different pools. Tuesday the kids and I spent most of the day swimming at both of them. Of course, I only had the camera at the one pool and did not take that many pictures because I was in the water almost the whole time!
The most exciting thing for me was that my last little baby learned how to ride her bike without training wheels. She has wanted to do this for a very long time but we live on a little hill and that has scared her. Here it was flat and she learned in no time. Luke learned how to ride his bike as well and boy was he a proud little man when he got the hang of it!

I totally love this weekend the best in the summer. Even with the little "disagreements" that happen when there are this many people all under the same roof in a small house I love all the comings and goings! I am so blessed as a mom to have this "little" family of mine.

1 comment:

Darilyn said...

I love family reunions.