Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Vintage finds

Lately I have been pretty obsessed with finding old things. I spent several months putting together a special birthday present for my sister's fiftieth birthday. I found 50 vintage things. I am glad I thought of it in plenty of time to get it mailed to her. I should have taken pictures along the way but like usual I forgot until after I had mailed the boxes. I found dishes, kitchen gadgets, books, linens, and of course, Pyrex! I had so much fun gathering that when I was done it was such a let down. I decided to continue with my hunt and now that I have specific things that I look for it is even more enjoyable. I love old office stuff. I always played secretary when I was little. My mom had old sales pads and things like that and we would play store. I like the time it took to complete projects on these old tools of the trade. But I do have to say that in my life today the convenience of a computer is a great blessing in my life. Still, I like to keep some of the slower pace of life around me. It reminds me of my grandparents and I loved my grandparents! I miss them and their fun ways. Office stuff is just one of the things that I hunt for though - dishes and kitchen things are my favorite. Also old school books. Oh and linens and lace and sewing stuff - well, let's just say anything vintage I love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a cool gift idea