Friday, July 6, 2012

Our 4th of July Celebration 2012


The 4th of July was so wonderful this year. Our little town did not do the annual firework display due to budget problems, so we did our own little firework show here at the house. We had a fun hot dog bar-b-que with all the sides. Andrew, Toshia and her kids and Andrew's sister Crystal and her family came out. Our little neighbor Samantha joined in the fun and had dinner with us. Then our little crew David, myself, Taylor, Hayden, Autumn and my mom were here.
After dinner we had smores and did sparklers. Toshia used plastic cups for the kids. Jonathan was freaked out at the first one. I wish I had a picture of his face it was priceless. But after he saw it was not going to hurt him he had a blast. Even Reagan loved it - if Andrew was helping her of course.

 She is just so cute!
All the kids could hardly wait until dark when Dad(Grandpa) and Andrew would begin the festivities. As you can see Little miss Reagan was all smiles - that is until the actual fireworks started - I think it was too loud for her. But about 15 or so minutes into it she fell fast asleep in her mother's arms. I have to say the guys purchased some really good fireworks this year. And of course there were some people not to far away that were lighting off ones that went way up in the sky and were pretty nice - but totally illegal!



I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th! I know for us it was the most relaxing 4th we've had in a long time. David read a little from the Declaration of Independence and it was nice to remember why we celebrate this special day. I know I am grateful for the wonderful country we live in and for all the men and women who fight to protect our freedoms!



1 comment:

Toshia said...

Happy 4th! Thank you for letting us crash the party at your house and celebrate in style. We love you all!