Saturday, November 12, 2011

What's keeping me busy....

I have been very busy working on our "twelve days of Christmas" project. I have spent way too much time looking at pinterest for ideas (by the way I love pinterest!) I have finally come up with my final twelve ideas and I am sticking to it! For the last week I have changed my mind several times and each time I discuss it with David he keeps telling me "Well, I know what I'm doing - and it's been done now for a month". I think he likes to rub in that he is obsessively organized. I like to think that I am organized in the very loose use of the word. My chaos is how I get things done around here - plus I am OK if plans have to change - I roll with it and sometimes to much organization can get in the way of living. Just my opinion and I am sure a whole other topic for a blog post. But really I am excited this year for what is cooking around here - I can hardly wait to share with all of my family but you will have to wait until the week after Christmas - I don't want to give away any surprises.

In preparation for all the upcoming events in the next couple of weeks I have also been getting my house ready for company, the holidays, birthdays, and Ashleigh's engagement party. I have been canning like crazy and this month made my month of cooking stuff with Toshia to make things easier for all the other things coming up. Yesterday I had the carpets cleaned. It has been a while and they really needed it. I am so pleased with the results. Mr. Jimmy worked late into the evening to finish - he also started later in the day which of course through off my schedule but again you just have to roll with it. I have lots to do but I am loving how busy I am right now. I know it is weird but when things are hopping around here I have less time to dwell on the hard things in life. I find joy in all the activity. Sounds weird I know but again I operate better when there are lots of deadlines and things in the works. Of course, I am always glad when the big events are over and I can rest a while - then I do things for just me - so I have fun things to look forward to and that's how I get through it all.

It is not easy being the mom of eleven children and wife to one very hard working husband but I find joy in the journey of it all!


No comments: