Friday, November 18, 2011

A couple of craft projects I can share


Yesterday I finished our family calendar. I saw this on pinterest but it was smaller and turned the other direction. I wanted my bigger - more kids - more activities to write down - so got my frames (8x10) from IKEA ($1.99) put vinyl on the cute paper and then hung on the wall. Super easy and cheap to make. Put down my hallway so as the kids leave the house they will always know where we are supposed to be.


Today I finished my "give thanks" banner. I was on got the idea for the banner from "little birdie secrets". I printed the letters off and sewed them to burlap and then sewed that to bias tape. I made my wreath Monday. It is my version of all the burlap wreaths I have been looking at. It has elements from several different ones. Burlap, flowers and raffia.I know the picture is not that good. Someday I will work on my picture taking skills.

Still working on Christmas projects and cleaned my house today because my mom is coming Monday and we are leaving for the coast tonight for the weekend. We might get a little snow - Next week is going to be one busy one with all the happenings going on. I am sure it will fly by though and when we are through I will be able to look back and smile at all the memories we have created.


2 comments:

Toshia said...

you've been pinned;)

Anonymous said...

these are some really neat projects that have turned out great!