Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Paige update....

Paige came home a week ago last Monday. She was only to stay the day and then figure out where to go from there. Well, things being what they were it was arranged that she would stay the week with us until her transitional housing came available. I have to say I was very nervous about the whole situation. I did not want to have any more contention in our home. Things were very different. From the moment she came in until she moved out today she was different. By day three I was seeing a glimmer of hope that things could turn around for this young lady. Her outlook and perspective had changed. There was a shimmer in her eyes that has been gone for a very long time. I am cautiously optimistic about the outcome and realize she has many, many more steps ahead of her. But she is showing a maturity that has previously been lacking. Her judgement does not seem clouded. Today was a hard day for her as she moved into her new housing situation. She is very nervous and yet sees that this will help her to grow up and be responsible. She also realizes that this is a second chance for her and wants to succeed. Prayers are answered in the most curious ways. I know that each person who loves Paige and has prayed for her will see the answers to their prayers from different perspectives. Paige has most certainly talked about how she has felt her Heavenly Fathers arms around her as He has picked her up from such a low place. David and I have felt our prayers answered in ways that we did not expect. I have felt the love and support from the prayers offered in her behalf. She takes each day hour by hour right now and sometimes minute by minute. But she is getting stronger. She has structure she has not had for several years now and that seems to be making a huge difference for her. She will always have to fight this battle. It is a war that will rage inside her most of her life. But if she will internalize what she has been taught and follow the words she studies in the scriptures it will be a battle she can win! She fought a battle much bigger than this in the pre-existence. She stood firm with her conviction to follow Christ. (as did all of us born in these last days!) She not only fought for her agency but to the right to use her agency to follow Christ! If she will keep this perspective she will be able to overcome the battle going on inside her now. Today she said, "I am scared and very nervous, but I know I have my family to help me and be a support to me. I know I can do this!" These words would not have come from her even a few weeks ago. Today I am hopeful about her situation. Through these mother's eyes I see a very familiar Paige - one I knew as a little girl - and my love for her is just as strong as it has ever been!

3 comments:

Aundrea said...

I was so excited to give her a big hug the other day! Let her know that there are many others besides just her family praying for her and wanting the best for her! Love you!

Tiffiny said...

Yeah Paige! Hopefully things are looking up for her and she is taking control of her life. What a great mom and family she has to support her along the way.

Johnson Family said...

I love that beautiful young woman and she is in my prayers. I have a favorite quote that I keep in my heart "obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eye off you goal". She can do anything she wants as long as she doesn't take her eyes off her goals ♥ you Paige