Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Yesterday was just beautiful! Not only was the sun shining but all the children came to church with us today. It was my only request for Mother's Day. It meant a lot to me for many reasons. It was quite amazing to look down at the full pew with my children and husband filling it up. (I was playing the organ so was up on the stand). A lot of thoughts went through my head as I gazed down at them. Mostly I was just in awe of how this all came to be. Eleven children is considered a large family. I have know others with larger. It does not seem that big to me yet. I say yet because as the grandchildren are coming along that is where I will see just how vast this all is. The talks in church were very inspiring and helped remind of things that I needed to hear. My little sunbeams were just adorable. Very busy and I was tired after class but they just make me smile! I came home to dinner made and everyone laughing and everyone getting along. I got to eat outside (my favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon!) and then we had a few presents for David's birthday (not till Tuesday - but it is fun to celebrate with everyone there) The day started with breakfast in bed made by Taylor, Hayden and Chad. I could hear a commotion going on downstairs but it all seemed to come together in the end. Noah bought me a card that could be a photo album of sorts - he was really proud of himself using his babysitting money on me. He usually buys taco bell or something to eat with his extra $$$. He also gave a talk in church and did a great job writing it all himself and wondering afterwards if he should have talked on mothers but then realized it fit nicely with the other talks given. The only thing I forgot to do is take a picture of all of us together. It has been some time since we have all been together at the same time. But that is usually the case I never have my camera out. All in all, I am so thankful for the blessing of being a mother. As a small child I played "mommy" all the time. With all the challenges and frustrating moments I wouldn't change a thing! I am a mother "who knows" and loves all that motherhood brings! I hope all of my friends and family had a wonderful day as well!


1 comment:

Elder Caleb Habel said...

It made me smile to see all of your children there!! It was fun to watch you watch them. You have a very beautiful family. They are lucky to have a mother as wonderful as you.