Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Lord does answer prayers!

I have been working on Super Saturday projects for a while now. It is time now as I have gathered all the $$$ to start collecting the materials for the ladies to make their cute crafty things. Yesterday I went to buy the pizza pans from the dollar tree for the advent calendars. Well, there were none to be found. The nice lady at the store said it is an item they usually carry so I could probably buy them online. Well, there were no pizza pans online. So I called stores around our area. No pizza pans. I called Toshia in a panic. This project was the most popular - a lot of ladies wanted their advent calendars. She and I looked up other places online to purchase pizza pans. No luck. I went to bed with lots on my mind - Paige, church stuff, and pizza pans. I woke up at 2:30 in the morning worried. I hate it when I do that. It usually is an indication I am doing to much. I prayed. I mean really prayed hard. I prayed for the family that just lost their sweet baby girl (that was one of the church things) I prayed for Paige - and then at the end of my prayer I just asked that the sweet ladies in our ward be blessed with the pizza pans they needed for Super Saturday. Don't laugh - I know with the other more personal requests I was making I should not bother Him with pizza pans. I went back to bed about 3:00. Just as I was drifting off to sleep "Rite-Aid" popped into my head. That is funny I thought and then fell asleep. This morning I needed to go purchase the wood for the other project we are doing. While driving to the lumber yard I called Toshia and asked her if she thought Rite-Aid would have pizza pans. She looked up online and did not see any and said she did not think so. As I was on my way to presidency meeting I drove past the Rite-Aid store and thought I should stop. What could it hurt. I walked up and down the isles - where would they keep pizza pans in a store like this? I found them - not only the pizza pans but the exact ones that the dollar tree was selling. (I know because I even tried to order direct - I am not a business so could not order) I found out I could order the amount I needed even though they are a little more (not a dollar of course) I ordered them. I am trying to work a deal with the manager. As I was driving to my meeting I just kept thinking - with all I was worrying about and all that the Lord has to do - the one thing he could give me was the pizza pans. I know I have to work on the other things - I have lessons to learn and He is guiding me there as well, but what a tender mercy for me to know that pizza pans are worth an answer from the Lord!


6 comments:

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I wish all the answers could come like that!

Darilyn said...

Our concerns become His. I'm glad you were able to find what you needed.

Tiffini said...

Yay for simple answers. Wish I was there to do the advent calendar!

Jodi said...

I love this post! We can turn to the Lord for even the simplest of things and He hears us. Glad you were prompted to find those pizza pans at Rite Aid.
Love you.

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

that's awesome! the advent calendars are so cute, I wish I could make one. God is good!

sheila said...

I just realized that almost 1/2 of your kids have a birthday within 2 weeks of eachother! That's amazing!