Friday, February 19, 2010

Going on a trip!!!

Tomorrow David and I leave on our anniversary trip! (Yes, 30 years in June) I am so excited! Can you tell! I have been packed now for over a week. I have never packed early before. I usually pack as I am getting ready to go out the door. I know, not very organized and I usually forget something. But not this time. We are headed for Guatemala and Belize. We get to go with some pretty awesome people. Friends from church who are going to help make this trip incredible!

So today I doing all the last minute getting things in order and all the information to all the people helping out with the kiddos and I come home to find a cute little something from my secret sister! How fun was that! We have been doing this for Relief Society this month and I am so excited about the things I am doing for my secret sister and so excited about getting things from a secret sister. I love, love what she made. I will share after I get back from my trip! Did I mention yet I am going on a trip?

Tonight Autumn crawled into my bed very dirty from playing outside all afternoon in the warm winter/spring sun. I, of course, made her get out and take a bath. She almost fell asleep in the bath tub. It was cute. When she came in my room I was listening to the news getting ready to watch the Olympics and she said "I don't really like the news much, they talk a lot. I like it better when they just show pictures and don't do so much talking." She cracks me up. Then she said she did not want us to leave and that she planned on staying in my bed for the whole time I was gone and maybe even two more days after we got back. She said, "Your bed is just so cuddly and who would ever want to get out of it? So I think I will just stay here until you and dad get back." Again, I am cracking up!

So for the next little while I will be signed off the computer and enjoying the sights and sounds of a far off place. I am so excited! I will share pictures and stories of this incredible adventure we get to go on upon our return. So for tonight, I have to celebrate by having a bowl of Dreyer's chocolate brownie 1/2 the fat ice cream with the girls as a special treat! Who knows if there is ice cream where we are going? I'm going on a trip........can you tell I 'm excited?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Early Anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Darilyn said...

I am excited for you as well. Have a great time. Kiss the sun for me.