Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Oregon's wild and scenic Rogue River





















David and I just got back from an amazing trip to Gold Beach. David planned it last fall as a surprise for our anniversary. We took the jet boat on the Rogue River. We spent seven hours on the river had so much fun as we toured one of the prettiest rivers in Oregon. We saw all kinds of birds and other wildlife. The only thing we didn't see was a bear - I was kind of grateful but David of course would have been thrilled to see a bear. The weather was perfect! It could not have been a nicer day on the river.
















David looks good here - I on the other hand had been splashed and with wet windblown hair decided that I did not care if I took our picture. This is definitely one of my favorite trips we have taken. We ate dinner at a cute restaurant that had the most amazing clam chowder I have ever eaten. I have eaten clam chowder all over along the coast but this was by far the best! We had a fabulous couple of days and a great time together. It is nice to be home though and we did miss the kids - but it definitely was a quiet few days for us!

No comments: