Sunday, March 20, 2011

Piles

I have always loved how in our church we are asked to serve and work and do so without any monetary compensation. I have had many callings and loved all but a couple (I do have to say den mother was the hardest one I had and ended up doing that one three different times - guess I needed to learn something:)) Now I get serve in the Primary Presidency again and work with such wonderful ladies as we teach and serve the young children.



But with the acceptance of this calling I find I am forming a new "pile" of stuff. There are little "piles" all over my house. Most are organized in such a way you would never know it wasn't supposed to be where it is sitting. I have creative piles, sewing piles, seminary piles, girls camp piles, piano teaching piles, jewelery making piles, studying piles, books to read piles, and of course children's things piles, laundry piles, toy piles, shoe piles....it just goes on and on. I know the purpose of each "pile" and when it needs to be cleaned up and cleaned out. I am happy to add to all this a primary pile. Some of these piles will have to sit a while longer as I dig in and learn my new responsibilities. I am OK with that. I will learn how to balance this new pile in amongst all the others I have. I will still create, learn and do housework as I also learn to love with all my heart about 80 children who will touch me and teach me in a way the Lord knows I need right now. I just love how He works in my life. He blesses me and is there beside me every day. Like he promises in the scriptures "I will be in your midst" I feel His love as I take on yet another "pile" in my life!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was excited to hear you are back in a Presidency. I really appreciated you & your part in the RS Pres. You will be a great councelor in the Primary. Love Love Love your perspective on the 'piles' in your life. We have so many of these and it is amazing how the Lord blesses us when, we as moms, take on all of these "piles." love & hugs
Kat

Rochelle said...

You all serve in such a great capacity, you are all wonderful women, I am so grateful for all you do!