Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What a weekend!

To start off there was Chloe's graduation! Yeah for Chloe. It was a nice evening and probably the shortest graduation we have been to yet. That was Friday night.
Then Saturday was full of fun and surprises! It was Paige's birthday. We had six ball games to go to and lots of yard work and things to do around the house to get ready for the birthday/graduation party on Sunday. Unknown to David and I the children planned a surprise anniversary party for us!

Many of our friends and family gathered at the park to celebrate with us. We were completely surprised. We spent the lunch hour taking Adrian out for his birthday lunch with us (his birthday was last week) and then we thought we were exchanging kids at the park so we could get Taylor to her game. When we drove up there were a lot of people around Toshia and I couldn't quite figure it out. Then I saw Marilyn, David's mom and I began to think something was up. We had a great time and it was so fun to see so many of our friends that we have not seen in a long time. The kids got us a new bar-b-que which we used to make lunch for everyone. Even though the day was already planned it was fun to throw all plans out the window and celebrate. We still made it to some of the games and I still managed to go out with my friends in the evening for dinner and a movie. Next time though I would like a warning so I at least could have not had such a bad hair day!

Sunday the whole family gathered again for our June birthday celebration and Chloe's graduation party. We had good food and lots of fun and laughter. It was so wonderful to spend almost the whole weekend with the kids. Especially the older ones who we don't see that often. I was exhausted Sunday evening. I think David and I fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow. Thirty years of all this family fun can really wear a couple out!



3 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Rochelle said...

Candy and Dave congrats on an amazing life together and the beautiful posterity you have! I'm sorry we missed your party, I'm sure it was great!
Happy Birthday to Paige!
Congrats to Chloe!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Chole on your graduation!

Happy Birthday Paige!

Happy Anniversary Candy & Dave!