Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sunshine


Far away, there in the sunshine
are my highest aspirations. I
may not reach them, but I
can look up and see their
beauty, believe in them, and
try to follow where they lead.

(Louise May Alcott)


Being a mother is by far the hardest thing I have ever done. Trying to please everyone, love everyone and be there for everyone is not an easy task. That said, for me being a mother is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. I have had my share of heartache and disappointment but for the most part joy has filled my life. As I try to achieve all that I want to be as a mother, daughter, sister, aunt, wife, grandmother, and friend, I know I will not reach my highest aspirations on my own. Thank goodness Heavenly Father did not leave us to do this job alone. I have been studying a lot this year the women in the scriptures. I am amazed at their stories and sometimes at the lack of story that we have for them. I learn from them and they have become my heroes. I am so blessed to be born in this time and in this place to have the fullness of the gospel to teach me how to achieve all my potential. When I think I can't do it anymore, I just have to look around me at the beauty that Heavenly Father has surrounded me with. I need to notice the beauty and take it in and let it lead me where I can find the strength to do it all. I am not perfect. I have made a lot of mistakes but He knew I would. He knew what would bring me joy and peace. Children teach us as much as we teach them. I hope that I can take the lessons learned and 'ameliorate' myself as I walk this journey here on earth. I am grateful that I am a woman and very grateful I have been blessed to be a mother. He is counting on me to do the best job I can despite my weaknesses. He will make me strong. My heart is full as of late with all these thoughts and questions. I have found the answers for me as I have looked towards Him. I can do this task that is given me with love in my heart and joy in my actions. It may be the hardest thing I have ever done but for now I will "look up and see the beauty and believe".


1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Candy, There is a book called Women of the Scriptures and you would love it. I think there are many who look to you with admiration at your ability to do it all and do it well. I am proud to have you as a friend who I can look to for advice, you do it all and I watch you do it ever so gracefully,, thank you!