Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!


Two weeks ago my mom turned 80! I am sure she is so happy I just announced her age for all the world to know but I think it is just amazing how wonderful she looks and is at this time in her life. Taylor and I got to fly down to California and visit with her and see lots and lots of family. We had a big party at my sister Kelly's house and it was so fun to see all my brothers and sisters (except Betsy who was in NY). The kids got to swim and we had a bar-b-que and listen to great music and just visit! Taylor had a lot of fun visiting with her cousins. We don't see my side of the family that often so it was a real treat. I am so glad my mom is healthy and happy. She seemed to have a fun time with all the goings on of the day. What a blessing it is to have family in our life and a mother who sees that we are loved and cared for even though we all have families of our own. Happy birthday again mother dear!

6 comments:

Aundrea said...

I'm glad you and Taylor got to go spend some time with your family! It sounds like you had such a good time!

Michelle said...

Boy your mom looks fabulous! Glad you had a great time!

Emma J said...

There is no way that picture is of an 80-year-old woman! What wonderful genes you have in your family! Lucky you!

Darilyn said...

Is that seriously her? She looks great. Family is so important and I'm glad you got to spend some time with yours.

Susan said...

I love when you come to visit. I just wish we had more time to chat!

Jodi said...

80? Wow! She looks fantastic! A beauty...just like her daughter. Glad you had a good trip :)